Throughout the history of songwriting and music production, making music has always been a uniquely human experience. Sure, there are a few tools that may help us sing better, or come up with chord progressions and melodies. But at its essence, creating music starts by creating a musical idea – whether it’s a melody, rhythm, or harmony – and then playing it on an instrument. However, in recent times, artificial intelligence (AI) has become more prevalent in music production. As a result, musicians now have access to new and innovative ways of creating music.
While most of us (for good reasons) are doubtful about it, Artificial Intelligence aka (AI) can be a highly effective tool to encourage creativity and help composers and music producers maintain their creative momentum. There are as we speak, various different apps and platforms that are pioneering the use of AI in music production and are pointing toward the future of how music is being made.
While the rise of AI might seem a bit intimidating, it’s important to stay ahead of things to make sure you can utilize the benefits of this new technology in your craft as soon as possible. Even if you’re against the new technologies and tools that are being released, it’s good to at least be knowledgeable about what’s being made possible. As with each new technology that’s still evolving and iterating, the tools can still be quite limited. That’s why we’ve also listed some of the pros and cons of each tool.
So let’s get to it! We’ll be breaking down the top 10 best AI tools for music production that are out on the internet right now. We’ll explain what the tool can do for you and also go through some of the pros and cons of each tool.
1. AIVA – AI music generator
AIVA is an AI-powered music generator that allows users to create original compositions quickly and efficiently. It can generate music in various genres, and users can customize the music further by adjusting parameters such as tempo, melody, and instruments. A team of professional musicians and composers work behind the scenes to ensure the quality of the music generated by AIVA. The platform is versatile, user-friendly, and has the potential to revolutionize the music industry.
- AIVA allows users to create original compositions quickly and efficiently
- It can generate music in various genres, making it highly versatile
- Users can customize the music further by adjusting parameters such as tempo, melody, and instruments
- A team of professional musicians and composers work behind the scenes to ensure the quality of the music generated by AIVA
- The music generated by AIVA may lack the emotional depth and creativity of compositions created by human musicians
- The cost of using AIVA may be prohibitive for some users
- There is a risk that AI-generated music may result in a loss of jobs for human musicians and composer
2. Solaris – Virtual Vocalist
Have you heard about the Solaris Virtual Vocalist? It’s the latest and greatest AI music tool that’s making waves in the music industry. What’s so special about it, you ask? Well, it’s the first library powered by Synthesizer V that supports native English, making it a game-changer in the world of vocal synthesis.
The platform is similar to other vocal synthesizers you may be familiar with, but it takes things to a whole new level. As a creator, you can generate vocal drafts that can serve as a reference for real singers, giving you unprecedented flexibility and freedom. Plus, you can purchase vocals in a variety of languages, tones, and vocal ranges through an intuitive and easy-to-use interface that makes it stand out from the competition.
With the Solaris Virtual Vocalist, you can access a virtual singer for any lyrics and melody you can imagine, anytime, anywhere. And the best part? The quick processing speed of the system provides realistic results that are truly impressive. But don’t worry, you’re still in control – user input and control are maintained at a high level to ensure that robots aren’t taking over… at least not yet!
- Provides unprecedented flexibility and freedom for creators to generate vocal drafts as a reference for real singers
- Offers a wide variety of languages, tones, and vocal ranges to choose from, making it a unique tool among competitors
- Quick processing speed provides realistic results that can save time and money compared to hiring a real singer
- Provides a way for creators to work on music independently without needing to collaborate with a real singer
- May not be able to fully replicate the nuances and emotions of a real singer’s voice, which could be a disadvantage for some types of music
- This could potentially contribute to the displacement of real singers and musicians in the industry
- May be less appealing to some musicians who prefer the authenticity of working with real singers and musicians
- This could potentially lead to a decrease in the overall quality of music if creators rely too heavily on the tool instead of investing in their own skills and creativity
3. Soundful – AI background music generator
Soundful is an AI-powered platform that allows you to quickly and easily generate background music for your videos, streams, podcasts, and other content without worrying about royalties. The process is straightforward – select a genre, customize your inputs, and create your tracks until you find the one that suits you best.
One of the most important features of Soundful is that it offers unique music. The algorithms are carefully developed alongside some of the industry’s most talented producers and sound engineers, and they are taught note-by-note. Additionally, since the system uses one-shot samples that are trained in music theory, it will never reproduce an existing song, not even one from the Soundful platform. Users can start with over 50 templates from various genres to kickstart their music creation process. Overall, Soundful makes it easy for anyone to create customized, original background music with minimal effort.
- Uses AI to quickly and easily generate royalty-free background music, which can save time and money compared to licensing existing music
- Offers a variety of genres and customization options, making it easy to create unique and tailored tracks
- Provides original music that will not replicate existing songs, which is ideal for creators who want to avoid copyright issues
- Can be used for various types of content, such as videos, streams, and podcasts
- Offers a user-friendly and intuitive interface that is easy to navigate, even for those without much musical knowledge or experience
- May not be able to fully replicate the quality and emotional depth of music created by human musicians, which could be a disadvantage for some types of content
- May not have the same level of nuance and creativity as music created by a skilled human composer or musician
- May have a limited range of customization options, which could be frustrating for creators who want more control over their music
- Requires a financial investment to access the platform, which may not be feasible for all creators
- This could potentially lead to a decrease in the overall quality of music if creators rely too heavily on the platform instead of investing in their own musical skills and creativity.
4. Ecrett Music – AI music clip generator
Ecrett Music is an AI-powered platform that provides a simple and intuitive way for both amateurs and professionals to generate clips of music. The system utilizes hundreds of hours of existing songs to train its algorithm and offers a large selection of scenes, emotions, and genres to choose from.
The music generator allows you to create original music for any video or game, and the royalty-free music generator ensures that you won’t encounter any licensing issues. To use the tool, you select at least one option from Scene, Mood, and Genre before clicking “Create Music.” The platform then generates the music based on your choices, and even when using the same settings, you will receive different music every time.
The tool also allows for the customization of instruments and structures, including Melody, Backing, Bass, and Drum, with just a few clicks. Once you’ve created music with Ecrett, you can manage it using features such as Favorites, Download History, and Video Upload.
Overall, Ecrett Music offers a user-friendly and efficient solution for creating original music without the need for extensive musical knowledge or experience.
- User-friendly: Ecrett Music is designed to be user-friendly, with a simple and intuitive interface that requires no extensive musical knowledge or experience. This makes it accessible to both amateurs and professionals.
- AI-powered: Ecrett Music uses AI to generate original music based on your selections, which ensures that the music is unique and different every time, even when using the same settings.
- Large selection: Ecrett Music offers a large selection of scenes, emotions, and genres to choose from, which makes it easy to find the right music for any video or game.
- Customization: The tool allows for the customization of instruments and structures, which means you can create music that is tailored to your specific needs.
- Royalty-free: Ecrett Music’s royalty-free music generator ensures that you won’t encounter any licensing issues when using the music in your projects.
- Limited creativity: While Ecrett Music allows for the customization of instruments and structures, the music is still generated by an algorithm, which means that it may lack the creative touch of a human composer.
- Limited control: While the tool allows for some customization, it may not provide the level of control that a professional musician or composer would need.
- Limited variety: While Ecrett Music offers a large selection of scenes, emotions, and genres, its library is still limited compared to traditional music libraries or hiring a composer.
- Limited feedback: While Ecrett Music provides features to manage your music, it may not offer feedback or advice on how to improve your music.
5. MuseNet – AI Musical compositions
MuseNet, created by OpenAI, explores the sonic patterns and rhythms of music through deep neural networks, generating four-minute musical compositions with over ten different instruments that combine styles from various genres like country, classical, The Beatles, and The Spice Girls. The program focuses on the aural experience rather than the human intellect behind the sounds and predicts the next musical token using a large-scale transformer model. MuseNet’s standout feature is its ability to complete unfinished symphonies by past music greats or blend together alternative sounds, like Fleetwood Mac with Mariah Carey.
- Unique music generation: MuseNet generates unique four-minute musical compositions with over ten different instruments, combining styles from all ends of the genre spectrum, which can be useful for music producers and composers who need inspiration or new ideas.
- Aural experience: MuseNet focuses on the aural experience of music rather than the human intellect behind it, making it useful for those who want to explore the sonic patterns and rhythms of music.
- Completion of unfinished works: One major advantage of MuseNet is its ability to complete unfinished symphonies by past music greats, which can be a useful tool for music historians and enthusiasts.
- A blend of styles: The platform also allows for the blending of alternative sounds, which can be useful for creating unique and experimental music.
- No need for musical knowledge: MuseNet does not require extensive musical knowledge, making it accessible to both amateurs and professionals.
- Lack of creativity: While MuseNet generates unique compositions, some users may feel that the music lacks the creative touch of a human composer.
- Limited control: MuseNet does not provide complete control over the music generated, which may not be suitable for those who want to have full control over their music.
- Limited variety: While the platform offers a blend of different styles, its library may still be limited compared to traditional music libraries or hiring a composer.
- Limited feedback: MuseNet does not provide feedback or advice on how to improve the generated music, which may not be suitable for those who want to improve their musical skills.
- Computing power: The platform requires significant computing power to generate the music, which may not be accessible to all users.
6. Atlas – AI Sample library arranger
For beatmakers, finding samples can be a tedious task that involves clicking on numerous folders and drains their motivation. However, New Zealand-based software company Algonaut has developed Atlas, which uses AI to organize your sample library based on style and character, grouping them into continents. This software also allows you to easily create drum kits with just a mouse click. For more information, visit the Algonaut website.
- Efficient organization: Atlas saves time by organizing your sample library according to style and character, making it easier and faster to find the samples you need.
- Easy drum kit creation: The software allows you to create drum kits at the click of a mouse, which can be a useful tool for beatmakers who need to quickly assemble drum tracks.
- AI-powered: Atlas uses AI technology, which means it can learn and adapt to your music style and preferences, improving the accuracy and efficiency of the sample library organization.
- Intuitive interface: The software has an intuitive interface that is easy to use, even for those who are not experienced with music production software.
- Saves space: Atlas can help save disk space by identifying duplicates and unnecessary files, freeing up storage for more important files.
- Limited sample library: While Atlas can organize your existing sample library, it does not provide additional samples, which may limit the variety of sounds available.
- AI limitations: The AI technology used in Atlas may not always accurately classify samples, resulting in some misclassified samples.
- Cost: Atlas requires a subscription fee, which may not be affordable for all beatmakers.
- Dependency on technology: As with any software, Atlas is dependent on technology and may not always work as expected or could experience technical issues.
- Personal preference: The sample library organization may not match a beatmaker’s personal preferences, which could require additional manual organization.
7. Playbeat – AI Step sequencer
Step sequencers are sometimes limited by their static nature, meaning they cannot respond in real-time to user input. However, Playbeat is a new solution that uses AI to generate random grooves by adjusting pitch, volume, and other parameters. Users can simply load up to four samples, hit the randomise button, and let the AI do its work. For more control, Playbeat also allows for manual parameter adjustments. Visit the Audiomodern website for more information.
- AI-powered: Playbeat uses AI technology to generate unique and random grooves, making it a useful tool for beatmakers who want to experiment with different rhythms.
- User-friendly interface: The software has an intuitive interface that is easy to use, even for those who are not experienced with music production software.
- Customizable: Users can adjust parameters manually to fine-tune the generated grooves, giving them more control over the final product.
- Time-saving: Playbeat’s AI-generated grooves can save time and effort for beatmakers who want to quickly create interesting and unique rhythms.
- Affordable: Playbeat is priced reasonably, making it accessible to a wide range of users.
- Limited sample selection: Playbeat only allows users to load up to four samples at a time, which may limit the variety of sounds available.
- AI limitations: The AI technology used in Playbeat may not always produce desired results, resulting in some unsatisfactory grooves.
- Dependency on technology: As with any software, Playbeat is dependent on technology and may not always work as expected or could experience technical issues.
- Static nature: While Playbeat’s AI technology can generate unique grooves, it still operates within a static framework, which means it cannot respond in real-time to user input.
- Learning curve: Even with its user-friendly interface, Playbeat may have a learning curve for some users who are not familiar with music production software or AI technology.
8. Matchtune – AI soundtrack generator
MatchTune, previously known as Muzeek, is a software that aims to solve the modern problem of finding the right soundtrack for YouTube videos by utilizing artificial intelligence. The software claims that the majority of YouTube videos are yet to find the perfect music that perfectly matches the video’s style, length, and emotional moments. AI can play a vital role in this regard.
The AI technology analyzes the most significant moments of a video and separates an original composition into individual parts, rearranging them to create a new piece that perfectly synchronizes with the visuals. If you’re interested in seeing it in action, you can visit the MatchTune website.
- MatchTune can solve the problem of finding the perfect soundtrack for YouTube videos, which can enhance the viewing experience and engagement.
- The use of AI can save time and effort in searching for the right music and can provide a unique composition specifically tailored to the video.
- The software can create original compositions by rearranging the elements of existing music, which can provide new opportunities for musicians and composers.
- There is a risk that the use of AI may result in generic or formulaic compositions that lack originality and creativity.
- The software may not always accurately capture the intended mood or tone of the video, resulting in an ill-fitting soundtrack.
- Some musicians and composers may feel threatened by the use of AI in music production, fearing that it may replace the need for human creativity and expertise.
9. Landr – AI Mastering service
On its website, LANDR declares that it will take care of the technicalities of mastering so that creators can focus on the creative process. Some audio engineers might take offense to the idea that mastering is not a creative field, but LANDR is using AI to enhance the final step of the creative process.
Through machine learning, the AI utilized by LANDR can continuously improve its decision-making skills based on past experiences. The platform has access to an extensive reference library that assists it in making informed and tasteful decisions when mastering a track. For additional information, please visit their website.
- LANDR provides a fast and easy way to master your tracks.
- AI-powered mastering can save time and money compared to hiring a professional engineer.
- LANDR’s AI can learn and improve over time to provide better results.
- Some engineers may feel that the use of AI in mastering undermines the artistic and technical skill involved in the process.
- AI mastering may not always produce the desired result, as it relies on pre-existing reference libraries and algorithms rather than a human’s intuition and creativity.
- The quality of AI mastering may not match that of a skilled human mastering engineer in some cases.
10. Amadeus Code – AI Melody creator
The last entry on our list of the top AI tools for musicians is Amadeus Code, which is available to all music enthusiasts as an IOS-based app. With Amadeus Code, creating new melodies is quick and easy.
Amadeus Code uses an AI engine that includes chord progressions from some of the world’s most well-known songs. You can utilize these progressions to create unique music compositions or structures.
This AI music generator also provides the option to use hand gestures to create entirely new songs or to recreate specific segments from previous compositions. You can export your creations as audio and MIDI files to editing software, but keep in mind that you need to purchase any songs you wish to keep.
- Amadeus Code is an IOS-based app, making it easily accessible for anyone with an iPhone or iPad.
- The app allows users to create new melodies in a matter of minutes using AI-powered chord progressions.
- Amadeus Code has a vast library of chord progressions from some of the world’s most famous songs, providing a solid foundation for users to build upon.
- The app allows users to use gestures to create brand new songs or recreate specific segments of previously composed songs.
- Users can export audio and MIDI files to audio editing software.
- Users must purchase all of the songs they want to keep, which can add up in cost over time.
- The app relies heavily on pre-existing chord progressions, which may limit the creativity of more experienced musicians.
- The AI-powered chord progressions may not always result in unique or original melodies.
- As an IOS-only app, it may not be accessible to users who do not have an Apple device.
- The app may not be suitable for musicians who prefer to create music entirely from scratch.
So there you have it. Our top 10 best AI tools for musicians and music producers that are available for use as of right now! In conclusion, we hope this list of the top 10 best AI tools for music producers has inspired you to explore the exciting possibilities of using artificial intelligence in your music production workflow. From generating new melodies to mastering your tracks, these tools offer a range of benefits for both beginners and experienced producers alike. As AI technology continues to evolve, we can expect even more innovative tools to emerge, providing us with new ways to create and shape music. So go ahead, give these AI music tools a try, and see where they can take your music production skills to the next level.